Saturday, October 25, 2008

Risotto and Rice

This was by far my favorite day because we made my favorite dish, Risotto. Today was focused on rice and grains, so we made rice pilaf, boiled rice, and risotto, as well as a vegetable medley. All three of my rice dishes turned out excellent. My risotto was sooo sooo good. The recipe did not call for white wine, but I added it in, cuz thats how I am used to making risotto. It "kicks it up a notch." Chef really liked it too, and I hope he didnt penalize me for using it, he didnt say anything, just that it was very very very good. I was very smart and bought tupperware over the weekend. I brought it to class to take home my rice, veggies, and risotto. Can you say, "healthy dinner?" So thats what I've been doing--taking my tupperware to class. I dont have a microwave though, so I just go down the hall to a friends room.

1 comment:

MPERU said...

very good did you remember to saute garlic and onions before you added the rice

Matt Peru