Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Speaking up helps...

So I was talking to my co-workers about the whole promise not being kept and one of them went to Adi about it and told him how mad I was that he wasn't keeping his promise. Well he had a talk with me about the whole issue of being on saute. He said this crazy thing about how he never "promised" and thats just what it seemed like. And he said that he had totally forgotten that he had to train another cook on the station for the winter back when he told me I would be on it. So he was having scheduling conflicts between training me and training the guy that is permanant on the station. Basically, I just go over there whenever I can. He schedules me for 2pm-close on Sundays. I go in at 2 and do my pastry shift till about 6 and then I hop over to saute for the night. It has worked out pretty well. I got to spend 4 hours on the station the other night. It was really fun! Its defintiely a lot smaller of a space when there are three people on the station though. But I guess that fact that I talked with Adi got me on the station.

No comments: