Friday, September 4, 2009

I guess its part of the job description...

Ever since my friends found out I like to cook, they are always asking me if I can cook for them or asking me about my cooking. Some are genuinely interested while others just want some food. I have been going through this struggle of who my real friends are for quite some time.
At work, I make cookies and desserts whenever I am doing my baking shift. I have a whole prep kitchen to my self with ovens and burners, so its easy. I started doing it one night when there was nothing to do and well, now it is expected of me to make something. There is one particular person who seems to have a nose like a dog. He won't come out to the prep kitchen to say hi or anything unless I have food cooling or any scraps. I made brownies two nights ago for the staff and he came out to get one. I called him out on this pattern of his and obviously he denied it (me partially just busting his buttons) but after joking with him about this occurance, I started to think about it.
Are people pretending to be nice to me just for food? I mean, really? I know that I can cook and stuff, so being my friend is just a perk, you get a friendship and food. But then there are those who are in it strictly for the food. Its not that fair. They don't truly appreciate it. I guess its just something I have to live with.

No comments: