Sunday, September 20, 2009

Boat Show madness

I survived boat show!! That is something to be proud of. While we normally do 300 people for lunch on a saturday, we did over 700 people!!!!! Can you say, crazy?? Boat show is a weekend (thurs-sun) when people, boats, and vendors from all over the world come to show off their stuff. Its HUGE! The Mooring parking lot turns into a tent and a space for only 1/3 of the actual boat show. This event takes up basically alll of downtown Newport. And because the Mooring is the only restaurant located inside the gates of the Boat Show and people don't want to leave, they come to our restaurant. I dont even know how we did so many covers for lunch, but we did. Ill be honest though, being on hot apps wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I was just watching the grill station the whole time getting slammed by hamburgers and chicken sandwiches, mainly. But basically, our prep levels multiply by three and we are still running around! I am happy I got to experience Boat Show because everyone has been talking about it since I arrived in March. I am SOOOO tired.

No comments: