Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mission: Possible

As discussed in the previous post I wanted to do more of the following:

*Read books
*Cook at home for my roommate
*Eat better
*Run and train for the marathon

I have accomplished all of those things just in the first month post-michelin kitchen. Yay!

I finished 2 books :)

I have not had a drink in over 20 days and don't plan on having another drink until after the marathon-- October 13. I have to admit, giving up drinking was one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. Not only am I saving money by not going out, but I feel healthier. I've lost weight. I sleep better. And I don't have to worry about that dreaded uggghhhh hangover feeling anymore! I literally feel 4 years younger with all of this new energy.

Speaking of which, less than 2 weeks until the marathon!!! Training went very well I'll say. I successfully ran 20 miles (the most any training plans have you run before the actual race). It was difficult, but I did it. Only 6 more....ha, after 20, what's 6 more??

My family and friends have been so supportive of me even though they are not runners themselves. So to all of you who are planning on coming out to watch and support and cheer me on for the race, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

And to all of you who have not yet said you'll be coming out to watch, here are the details in case you want to be an awesome person:

October 13, Sunday, Chicago. I'll be creating a Facebook event soon, so keep them eyes peeled like a banana (runners love bananas).

What does this post have to do about being "Culinary Chic in Chicago" you ask? Well, I am trying to show you that life isn't all about cooking and food; that one needs to have other hobbies in life and other interests. The oddest thing about it all is that growing up, whenever people asked what my hobbies were, it was simply cooking. But now that I've made it a career, I had to find other things to do, so I took up running, and reading, and having a social life. I'll be writing a post that goes more in depth regarding cooking for a job vs cooking for fun vs cooking as a way to define oneself.

In the mean time, I'm going to go carbo-load now and drink lots of water. Wish me luck on the marathon!

No comments: