Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm A GRADUATE!!!

Yes, that's right! I graduated from culinary school!!! I have graduated with my Associates Degree and plan to continue on for my Bachelors Degree in August. Its so exciting to know that I have a degree and something to show for my education! Part one is over, though it went by way too fast! I think the best thing for me to do at this point is to go out into the workforce and apply what I have learned.
Correction: I am not a "CHEF." Graduating from culinary school does not make one a chef. A Chef is a title given to an individual that deserves that title, a job, for instance. So if I am given the job as a Sous Chef, then I am a chef. Call me chef all you want (my parents have been calling me their little chef for a while now), but I am technically not a chef. Having a degree certainly gives me a leg up on the job ladder though when compared to one without a degree, so I may reach "chefdome" quicker than the other.
As for my time off this summer until I return in late August for my Bachelors Degree, I will be working in Bar Harbor, Maine at an inn right on the water! As for the people who know I was in Newport, RI last summer, they just cant help but be a little jealous that I keep working in these touristy-summery destinations. I am excited to go to Bar Harbor because I really like being by water and Acadia National Park is practically next to it, giving me full access to endless hiking and sightseeing and outdoor activities. While Newport was pretty and outdoorsy, it was just too many cars and shopping...hopefully having Acadia nearby will pull me away from the shopping!
And as you all know, I was taking Bartending classes, so I will be trying to get a part time job as a bartender/barback to hone my skills and see if I am cut out for the job.

I am ready to go and cook my heart away!

If you are in Bar Harbor area this summer, send me a message and we will meet up!


No comments: