Thursday, June 17, 2010

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job!!! I am SO happy I left Bar Harbor! Working at Castle Hill is everything I imagined it to be! The people are great (and actually have training and know what they are doing) and you can tell they love their jobs. I ask questions a lot, but they love answering them. Almost all of our products are locally sourced from areas around RI, MA, and CT. I currently work as a floater, so to speak. Because I am only there for two months, it did not make much sense to train me on my own station, so I work as the hot app/pantry wingman. I am training on both stations so that when the stations are busy, I can jump in and assist with plating and expediting of the tickets. Unlike The Mooring (last summer's job), the plates have many more components, so plating takes more precision and time. I have only been working there for about four days, but I have loved every day so far and I cannot wait to see how the summer unfolds.
I have had the past two days off. I spent yesterday at the Farmer's Market (like I said I would in my last post). I bought eggs, spinach, basil, garlic scapes, whole wheat bread, and yogurt. With the spinach, I made spinach pasta (which used the fresh eggs for the dough). I chopped up mushrooms and made tortellinis! I then minced the rest of the spinach with some basil and garlic scapes that were sauteed in oil and then added more oil to the mixture to make an herby oil sauce. I tossed the tortellinis in that sauce and oh my goodness was it divine!!! Just knowing that a majority of the ingredients were local was so much fun! I live above a computer IT store owned by an elderly couple and brought some down to them and boy were they happy!!!!

I can easily say Life is Good.

No comments: