Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Drum roll please.......I PASSED!!!

YAY! I passed the practical. Well, I knew I would pass, but I passed with a pretty good grade. 85. I was hoping for something in the 90's based on my performance from last year. I played it pretty safe this year and made sure not to oversalt my food (resulted in me undersalted some stuff, oh well)

Here is the menu:

Fish Course:
Seared Scallops with Beurre Blanc over spinach, pine nuts, and macerated raisins

Main Course:
Poached chicken with vin blanc sauce
Fresh Pasta tossed in herbs
Sauteed Mushrooms with Madeira and thyme
Broccolini

I cooked everything nicely, I just didnt salt it as much as I should have and by the time the food got to the chef, it had cooled down a tiny bit, so he took off a few points for that.

On the oral exam, where the chef asks questions about cooking, I got a 10/10, so yay!!

I would say it was a success, its no high pass like last year, but im still happy!

Smooth sailing till graduation!!!

No comments: