Monday, April 12, 2010

5th Term Practical Tomorrow!!!!!

Hi Blog Readers,
So if you have been loyal, you have been reading this for a while. Last February, I posted about my 2nd term cooking practical where I had to cook a soup and entree (protein, starch, 2 veg) for me and the chef that was grading me in 2 1/2 hours. I did awesome! 95!!! Well, I have to do the same thing again tomorrow, but for my 5th term practical.
This is different than second term because we do not make a soup. Instead, we make a fish course. The recipes are all from food we cooked last year in our beginning classes, minus the seared scallops and beurre blanc which we practiced in Cuisines of Mediterranean. For the most part, everything I learned last year continues into what we make in the kitchens this year.
I spent all last week typing up recipes, timelines, equipment lists, etc. I know exactly how to set it up already from last year because it worked so well for me that way. It took a lot less time to make my time lines than it did last year! While most everything seemed unfamiliar at first, the more I looked at it and studied it, it all started to make sense. I am actually quite excited for my practical because I really enjoy this kind of cooking, you know, just a nice meal for me and one or two other people. Its great! This is how I LEARNED to cook (you're welcome Mom and Dad...and Steve).
WISH ME LUCK!!! I'll be sure to post about how it goes tomorrow night!! Or if you are my mom or dad, you will get a phone call from me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im taking my second term practical next week. Any chance i could get the recipes from you ? and how much soup do you make 2 qts?