Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm the Queen of Procrastin Nation

So Its been quite some time since I have written in my blog, and I am sorry. But its a good thing. I have just been so busy with school. I get up at 5:30 every single day, go to class, cook my pants off, finish by 1:30, come back to my room, shower, do laundry, homework, eat dinner, chill with friends (if I'm lucky) and go to bed....turning it into a very full day. Writing on my blog has not been a priority of mine, so I'm sorry. I have so many stories, but my fingers would fall off trying to type them. I am going to try to be better about writing. Let's start with talking about the class I am in right now: Skills 3. This is similar to Skills 1 and 2 because we are cooking what we made in those classes, but instead of just cooking one portion for ourselves, we are cooking enough for 10 portions. Our group of 17-ish students is divided into 5 smaller groups of 3-4 people per group. I had 4, but one kid left, so we are down to 3. YAY I can do math! haha. We start class around 6:30 and by 10:00, we have to have enough food done in order to make a demo plate for the chef to show us how to plate the food. We start serving at 11. Students come to our kitchen (we are one of 8 or so to choose from) for lunch. We always have a fresh fruit platter, salad, and sometimes a soup. Then they come to which ever station they were told to go to. There are 5 stations in our kitchen. Two stations make the same dish and the other two make another dish (so there are 2 entree options). Then there is the salad and soup station. Who ever is "Sous Chef" of the day calls out to each station whenever a student orders a meal. Here's a scenario: A student walks up to the classroom, reads the menu, decides she wants to eat the beef dish. She says to the Sous Chef (different student in our class is a sous chef every day) and that person calls out, "STATION 4, BEEF!" and we yell back, "BEEF HEARD!" and we start plating. The next person that ordered a beef would be sent to station 3, to alternate who plates. Oh man, i just got very overwhelmed with how much I need to talk about. Oh well. Just call and ask me if you want to know. haha

No comments: