Saturday, February 16, 2013

Two Wheels are Better Than Four (A follow-up to the previous post)

Here is a quick follow-up from the previous post (many apologies for neglecting this blog)

*Sold my car!!
*The German folding bike sucked. Sold it on Craigslist.
*Bought a REAL bike. A nice road bike, for $120. Its incredibly lightweight so I just put it on my shoulder and up/down the stairs I go. Much easier to ride (I go fast!).

Now that it is winter, I haven't ridden the bike much, but during the fall I was riding almost every day. Takes me 12 minutes to get to work, not too shabby. I have started a bike tally so that I will know when I have essentially "paid off" the cost of my bike by riding instead of taking public transit. If I did the math right, I have to ride the bike 75ish times, but then we have to factor in all the money lost from making poor purchasing decisions with other bikes, so we are looking at 150 times or so. I think I have ridden it....30 times? Give me a break though, its cold, there's been snow on the ground, wind, etc. Come spring I won't have ANY excuses for not riding to/from work. 

And yes, I named my bike. Rooney. It's maroon. Quite fitting, eh?


No comments: