Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dieting in the culinary industry....proves to be a challenge

So its not the smartest thing to do when you are surrounded by food, but a few weeks ago, I decided to go vegetarian. Well, pescatarian, so I was eating fish. I made a lot of exceptions, so I was eating yogurt, milk, cheese, and things cooked with chicken stock, for example, but I was not eating cuts of beef, chicken, or game meats. It was a bit difficult to restrict myself because certain things that I make at work have meat in them, so I was having co-workers try it for me, which they seemed to be annoyed which at first. I gave in though and started tasting, it was necessary. I can't let what I am eating affect my work.
The reason I gave up meats to begin with was for weight loss. I did not see a difference in weight (but thats also because I am not working out as much), but I did notice mood changes, in a positive way. I am more relaxed and content. I have more energy and motivation, and I feel happier. It is proven fact that those who are on a vegetarian diet are less hostile because of what is in meat.

No comments: