Friday, May 29, 2009

Which team will reign supreme?

Front of the house (FOH) vs. Back of the house (BOH). You often here about the rivals between the front and back in restaurants and how sometimes the two dont often get along. But I have to admit, the relationship between the front and the back at The Mooring is surprisingly good. We have great communication and we are always joking around with each other. As far as I know, there is no sabotaging of the food or anything immature, haha. Although there are the few servers that don't get along with us, only because they need someone to blame their mistakes on. The food runners (basically just there to help bring food out into the dining room) give us the most shit, excuse my language. For some reason, they think they can criticize our food. First off, who do they think they are giving us lip? Second, it makes us hate them, which is not good! There is this one food runner (who sadly i admit I used to have a thing for him, but his "i know more than you" attitude made me dislike him), so anyways, this food runner tends to critique my food by saying I should do it a different way. I'm not sure if he is just being "friendly" in a rude way, but after a while, it gets obnoxious. It gives us cooks something to talk about though. We get to share stories about how "this food runner did this..." and "this server said this..." and "oh my god, if this server says that to me ever again...." And its funny how most FOH people don't even know who is cooking thier food! PLEASE....there are more of them than us, and we know all of their names. Is it that hard to know who is making your food? They should be a little more thankful if you ask me!

No comments: