Monday, November 22, 2010

MIA from CIA....but I'm back!!!

My sincere apologies for those of you who used to read my blog and have since my last post not had any evening reading. Life was crazy. But I am back and I have a specific topic to write about! I do not have enough finger endurance to type everything I have been up to recently. The main reason for this blog entry is REGISTRATION FOR MY NEXT SEMESTER CLASSES....its a big deal at this school because it is when the students choose which Wines trip they go on. Let me break it down for you: the Food, Wine, Agri(culture) class (official name of the course) is when we learn about the just mentioned, and we go on a trip to a wine country/region for 3 weeks. Well, I had the option of staying in the states or going to Spain or Italy.....first choice was Italy. I am taking Italian right now and just had my heart set on going. Ok, I don't want to keep you on the edge of your seat for too long to let you know where I am going, BUT I AM GOING TO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, there is no way for you to see my expression of happiness through a blog, but the amount of exclamation points should be enough!

As for the remainder of the registration process, here is what happened. It was so nerve-wracking my heart was beating out of its chest. Imagine 160 students logging onto the campus's registration website all at once and clicking SUBMIT all. at. once. Yup. The website SHUT DOWN!!!!! We were allowed to register at 2:00 pm today, so EVERYONE was on the edge of their seat waiting to click SUBMIT....well, when we clicked submit, the server CRASHED!!!!!! It was down for 30 minutes.....meanwhile we are all FREAKING out because we all want certain schedules and want a certain trip (there are only a limited number of spots for each trip). So finally the website starts working again, and I had to navigate around it to figure out if I had to re-fill everything out....but here is the good news: in all that craziness, my schedule saved, so when the server came back up, it automatically registered me! So I got my first choice for scheduling!! Karma was on my side, it feels great, no stress!!! I could go on and on talking about the drama that was created from this with the other students, but I shall not bore you with culinary drama.

As for my past couple months, here is what I have been up to, in list format, Beware: Its long: Ask questions via comments if you care to do so.

-Milked a goat (named Audrey, coincidence)
-Went to DC for the John Stewart/Stephen Colbert Rally
-Rode 30 miles on a bike tour to some farms
-Ran a 1/2 marathon
-Registered for next semester's classes GOING TO ITALY!!!!!
-Saw Harry Potter 7 at Midnight
-Saw Harry Potter 7 again the next night because it was SOOOO good
-Joined the cross country running team at school
-We won championships!!!
-Got my fastest time EVER!
-Found 10 dollars on the ground, that was pretty exciting seeing how I never find money
-Found out I love organic peanut butter
-Went zip-lining and obstacle-coursing in the beautiful Hudson Valley trees and foliage
-Joined the CSA on campus: Chefs Sustaining Agriculture (slow food movement, local, farmers, etc)
-Drank apple cider made only FIVE minutes earlier, hand pressed with an old wooden contraption
-Lost my cell phone to mouthwash: RIP Samsung cell phone
-Ran the Tufts 10 k for the 4th year!! (6 miles, ran under an hour!)
-Worked at the Hudson Valley Food and Wine Festival where I poured wine for wine snobs all day and talked about it...what a great day! I got paid to talk about wine!!!


That's about long enough of a post for now....what kind of questions do you have so that I can address certain topics in future posts?


No comments: